Monday, June 10, 2013

Rustic Skillet Bread



I call this rustic skillet bread because, I, um, baked it in a cast iron skillet (see below). Of course you are free to bake it in any pan you like. The bread was delicious, but I had a lot of it. Next time I think I might halve the recipe, especially because it is only me eating the bread.

Ingredients
2 Cups Warm Water
2 1/4 Teaspoons of Yeast
4 Cups of Flour (I used bread flour, but any kind will do)
1/4 Teaspoon Salt

Directions
Run the hot water from your tap until it is very hot to the touch. In a large bowl mix the water and yeast until the yeast is dissolved.
Stir in the flour making sure all the dry flour has been absorbed. Cover with a towel and let sit for two hours.
Cover your hands in flour and shape and place the dough into an oiled baking pan. Cover and let sit for an hour.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
Make several slices in the top of the bread and bake for 45 minutes to one hour.
Prepare for your domicile to smell amazing.



No comments:

Post a Comment