Thursday, December 19, 2013

Sauteed Green Tomatoes



I bought some green tomatoes at the farmer's market, but I wanted another way to prepare them besides frying. I adapted this recipe from one I stumbled upon online, but I am not sure what to call it...other than delicious. The recipe is tangy with the Everglades seasoning adding a nice punch. You can serve it over rice, as a side, or a topping to beans.

Ingredients
3 Green Tomatoes, Chopped
1 Red Bell Pepper, Chopped
2 Stalks (or Ribs) of Celery, Chopped
1 Bunch of Green Onions Chopped
2 Tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar
1 Tablespoon of Everglades All-Purpose Seasoning (This has a very earthy, "down-home" taste to it.)

Directions
Heat olive oil in large saute pan
Add the vegetables and vinegar
Stir in the seasoning and cook for 10 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment