Sunday, April 22, 2012

Corn Pasta





This is a colorful and delicious dish. Very hearty, too. The first time I made this dish I realized I was actually making creamed corn, and upon this realization I squealed a little in the kitchen. I loved creamed corn as a kid, but never bought it much as an adult because I try to stay away from canned and processed foods.

Ingredients
Whole wheat pasta
2 ears of corn, kernels removed and half of the kernels pureed (I finally broke down and started buying frozen corn in a bag since slicing of corn kernels is a HUGE hassle. I understand this directly contradicts what I said a few lines above about trying to avoid processed foods.)
1/4 Cup of soy milk
1/4 Cup of vegetable broth
1 Tablespoon of flour
2 cloves of garlic
2 Tablespoons of olive oil
Fresh leaves of basil
Sun-dried tomatoes

Directions
Saute garlic
Add the flour and stir for one minute
Add the soy milk and vegetable broth; bring to a boil
Add corn, salt and pepper (to taste), basil, and sun-dried tomatoes
Lower heat and let simmer while the pasta cooks

Note: Add more flour if you would like the sauce to be thicker

No comments:

Post a Comment