Monday, November 19, 2012

Pasta with Butternut Squash Sauce




I like pasta dishes that are not simply tomato sauce slathered over noodles. (Do not get me wrong, I love that.) This is a little different and uses my new favorite food: kale.

Ingredients
1 Box of Pasta (I used penne)

1 Cup of Kale
6 or 8 Cloves of Garlic (Or more to taste)
1 Butternut Squash, Peeled and Cubed
2 Cups of Vegetable Broth
1/4 Cup of Almond or Soy Milk (I used almond)
Fresh Rosemary, To Taste
Salt and Pepper, To Taste

Directions
Preheat oven to 325 Degrees
Drizzle garlic with olive oil, wrap in foil, and roast for 30 minutes
Place squash and broth in a pot and bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until squash is tender
Puree squash, broth, garlic, milk, rosemary, and salt and pepper until smooth
Cook pasta al dente according to package directions; with about 5 minutes left, add in kale to pasta
Drain pasta and kale and serve with sauce

Note: This sauce is delicious on almost anything including steamed or sauteed vegetables.

No comments:

Post a Comment