Thursday, November 29, 2012

Pumpkin Pie




Okay, that is not the greatest picture ever taken, but I found it very difficult to get a flattering angle/lighting for a hot pie. This pie is tasty and healthy alternative to other versions out there.


Ingredients
4 Ounces of Vegan Cream Cheese
1 Can of Pumpkin
3/4 Cup of Cashews, Soaked overnight
2 Tablespoons of Orange Juice
1 Tablespoon of Allspice
Graham Cracker pie crust

Directions
Preheat oven to 375 Degress Fahrenheit
Puree the cream cheese, pumpkin, cashews, and juice until smooth
Pour into crust and bake for 30 minutes

Note: I had never worked with soaked cashews before, and I am not sure I soaked them properly. They did not puree smoothly, so this pie had a bit of a nutty flavor. Next time I will soak nuts in a larger bowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment