Thursday, December 20, 2012

Roasted Vegetables and Wild Rice




I made this simple dish for a work party, and everyone really seemed to like it. Easy to make, colorful, and most importantly delicious.

Ingredients
3 Medium to Large Sweet Potatoes, Peeled and Chopped
3 Medium Zucchinis, Chopped
3 Medium Yellow Squash, Chopped
2 Cups Uncooked Wild Rice
Vegetable Broth

Directions
Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit
Placed chopped vegetables on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper
Bake the vegetables for 30 minutes, stirring once or twice
Cook rice according to package directions using vegetable broth instead of water
Place the cooked rice and roasted vegetables in a baking pan, season with salt and pepper, and cook in the oven for another 5-10 minutes

Note: I thought about adding pistachios, but I was not sure if anyone at the party had a nut allergy. Plus I was feeling very selfish about my pistachios. I do love them so.

No comments:

Post a Comment