Friday, January 18, 2013

Roasted Tomato Basil Soup



Only a few years ago did I start eating tomatoes, and I can not ever remember eating tomato soup until I made this. I do think I could have had a more delicious tomato soup for my first time.

Ingredients
2 Pounds of Tomatoes, Quartered
1 Onion, Chopped
4 Stalks of Celery, Chopped
6 Cloves of Garlic, Chopped
1 Cup of Basil, Chopped
1 Box of Pomi Strained Tomatoes
4 Cups of Vegetable Broth
Salt and Pepper to Taste

Directions
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and roast tomatoes for 45 minutes
In a large pot saute onion and celery for 3 minutes
Add garlic and salt and pepper and saue for another 3 minutes
Mix the strained tomatoes, broth, and basil with the onion mixture; stir in the roasted tomatoes and simmer for 30 minutes
Use a food processor to blend the tomatoes and soup

No comments:

Post a Comment