Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Enchiladas



You might think that looks like a picture of a giant mess. To that I would say A.) I am not Man Ray B.) Presentation has never been my strong suit C.) That is a freaking delicious tasting mess.


Enchilada Sauce

Ingredients
2 Tablespoons Oil (I used canola)
2 Tablespoons Flour
2 Tablespoons Chili Powder
1 Teaspoon Cumin
8 Ounce Can Tomato Sauce
2 Cups Water
Salt & Pepper to Taste

Directions
Heat oil in a saucepan and add the flour and chili powder; stir for 1 minute
Add the tomato sauce, water, cumin, and salt & pepper
Bring to a boil
Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally



Enchiladas

Ingredients
2 Roasted Poblano Peppers, Skinned and Diced
1 Medium Onion, Diced
3-4 Celery Stalks, Diced
1 Cup Corn Kernels
2 Teaspoons Cumin
2 Teaspoons Garlic Powder
Salt & Pepper to Taste
Culantro
Tortillas
2-3 Jalapeno Peppers, Sliced and Seeded

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
Place peppers on a baking sheet for 15-20 minutes, turning occasionally
Let peppers cool, then remove the skin and dice
Saute onion and celery for 5-7 minutes
Add corn, poblano peppers, and seasonings; cook for another 3-5 minutes
Warm tortillas in the microwave for 30 seconds
Coat bottom of baking pan with enchilada sauce
Place culantro on a tortilla, scoop mixture into tortilla, roll, and place in pan
Cover tortillas in sauce and place chopped and seeded jalapeno peppers on top
Bake for 15 minutes


I served these with a side of jasmine rice and pinto beans. The enchiladas fell apart a little when I plated them, but I am told I am not good at rolling food because I never practiced by rolling joints.



No comments:

Post a Comment