Monday, May 20, 2013

Pound Cake



Before making this I had only eaten pound cake once or twice. Usually when I hear "pound cake" I start singing this song. This recipe was very easy to make, and the cake turned out moist and with a nice hint of vanilla.

Ingredients
2 Cups Flour
1/4 Cup Sugar (The original recipe called for 1 1/4 Cups)
1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1 Cup Silken Tofu
1/2 Cup Vanilla Almond Milk
1/4 Cup Canola Oil
2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract

Directions
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
In one bowl mix together the dry ingredients
Add all the wet ingredients, including the tofu, in a blender and blend until smooth
Combine the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix
Pour the batter into a pan and bake for 30 minutes

Note: Next time I make this I think I will make a fruit compote to eat with the cake just to spice it up a bit.


No comments:

Post a Comment