Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Roasted Avocados with Homemade Salsa




I have said it before, and I will say it again: I love avocados. Any chance I get to try something new with them I will. This recipe is simple, and the result is delicious. So many flavors, so little time. This could easily replace a baked potato for anyone on a low carb diet.

Roasted Avocado
Preheat the over to 400 degrees Fahrenheit  Slice the avocado, pit it, and then quarter it. Drizzle olive oil and lime (or lemon) juice and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for about 15 minutes.

Salsa
Ingredients
2-3 Tomatoes, Diced
1 Red Onion, Diced
2-3 Hot Peppers, Diced (How many and what kind are up to you and your taste buds)
1 Cup Cilantro, Chopped
Lime Juice to Taste
Salt and Pepper to Taste

Directions
Mix all ingredients in a bowl, cover well, and let sit in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to an hour to develop flavors.

I ended up combining all this with quinoa, pinto beans, and sauteed veggies. Simple and one of the best meals I have made.

No comments:

Post a Comment