Monday, July 7, 2014

Mediterranean Flatbread



A certain well-educated lady I know has a hankering for my flatbread, which is my fancy term for pizza minus sauce and cheese but with lots of veggies. I created this recipe especially for a party of hers, and I did not charge her a dime because I am rather smitten with her. This more than made up for me falling asleep during the middle of the party.

Ingredients
1 Cup Warm Water
2 1/4 Teaspoons Active Dry Yeast
2 1/2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
4 Tablespoons Cavender's Greek Seasoning
Sliced Kalamata Olives, Drained
Sliced Roma Tomatoes, De-Seeded
1 Red Onion, Diced
2 Medium Bell Peppers, Diced

Directions
Pre-heat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit
Add the yeast to the water and stir until the yeast dissolves
Mix in the Greek seasoning, olives, tomatoes, onion, bell pepper, and flour until a dough forms; add more flour if the dough is too wet or more water if it is too dry
Transfer the dough to a bowl coated in olive oil, cover, and let rise for one hour
Spread the dough on a pizza pan and cook for 10-12 minutes

Handling dough works best with floured hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment