Friday, June 8, 2012

Bourbon and Maple Peach Cobbler




I wish I could have gotten a better picture of this, but a picture will never do this dessert justice. Plus it was so delicious and piping hot out of the oven it was all I could do to wait long enough to take this picture before devouring it.

Ingredients
8 Ounces of Peaches in light syrup
1 Tablespoon of Bourbon (Eh, go wild and add more. Why not?)
Pinch of all spice
1 Teaspoon of Corn starch
1/2 Cup of Flour
1/4 Cup of Brown sugar (Sing Along)
2 Teaspoons of  Baking powder
Maple syrup


Directions
Preheat oven to 350 Fahrenheit
Drain the peaches for 30 minutes
In one bowl mix together the drained peaches, bourbon, allspice, and cornstarch
In another bowl combine the flour, sugar, and baking powder
To the flour mixture add the syrup until wet and smooth
Place the peach mixture in ramekins and cover with the flour mixture
Bake for 20 minutes

The first time I made this I used 1/4 Cup of syrup. This made the tops a little drier. I liked the wetter tops better, but that is a decision you will have to make for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment