Monday, June 11, 2012

Iced Coffee




I am pretty hardcore when it comes to my coffee: hot, black, and strong or go home. (And for the official record Dunkin' Donuts coffee owns all other coffee.) But now that summer is here (Actually where I live summer came a few months ago.) I enjoy a glass of iced coffee. And since I make this ahead of time, it frees up time in my morning.

I combine coffee grounds and cold water in a French press and stir. How much? Well that is up to you, but you should make it a little stronger than hot coffee. I add seven tablespoons of coffee to that French press in the picture. Let the coffee sit for about 12 hours then pour in a pitcher and place in the refrigerator. I make a batch before leaving for work in the morning and another batch when I get home in the evening. This lasts me most of the week.

Funny thing is when it is iced I like it with almond milk and sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment