Thursday, June 7, 2012

French Bread



I love bread, so I figured I would try my hand at making some. A couple of things struck me about making bread. It is rather easy, it just takes a lot of time. How come the bread I make has 6 ingredients but the bread I buy in the store has 30?


Ingredients
4 Cups Flour
1.5 Teaspoons Salt
1 Teaspoon White vinegar
2 Teaspoons Dry yeast
1 2/3 Cups Warm water
1 Tablespoon Olive oil

Directions
Combine the flour, salt, and vinegar
Add the yeast to 1/3 C warm water and mix until foamy
Mix the yeast water, flour mixture, and the rest of the water
Let the dough rise for one hour
Divide the dough in half, make rectangle, fold, and flip seam side down
Let rest for 30 minutes
Place a pan with 1 inch of water in the oven and preheat to 450 Fahrenheit
Make diagonal slashes in the top and bake for 30 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment