Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Bow Tie Pasta with Green Beans and Tomatoes



I love simple pasta dishes. I think we lose some of the taste and beauty of pasta by covering it in sauce. Do not get me wrong, I me some marinara, but these kinds of pasta and vegetable dishes are my favorite.

Ingredients
12 Ounce Box of Whole Wheat Farfalle Pasta (Obviously you can use what you like, but I love bow ties.)
8 Ounces of Green Beans Broken into Small Pieces
4 Medium Sized Tomatoes, De-Seeded and Diced
Fresh Basil Leaves
2 Tablespoons of Dried Oregano
1 Tablespoon of Dried Parsley
Garlic, To Taste
Salt and Pepper, To Taste
Olive Oil

Directions
Cook the pasta according to the package directions
Add the green beans to the pasta with about 5 minutes left to cook
Drain the pasta and green beans
Add olive oil then toss with the remaining ingredients
Sprinkle a little crushed red pepper on top and enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment