Monday, May 21, 2012

Pancakes with Caramelized Bananas



I have never been much of a pancake eater. I have nothing against pancakes. In fact, whenever I have them I always think, "I should eat more of these." I just never do. So when I decided to make these pancakes it was a huge step since I had never in my life cooked pancakes. I know, right?

Ingredients
1 Cup of flour (I used whole wheat)
1 Tablespoon of sugar
1/2 Tablespoon of baking powder
1 Cup of almond milk (I used the vanilla almond milk which gave the pancakes a sweeter taste and smelled really good whilst cooking.)
2 Tablespoons of applesauce
1 Banana, long-sliced
Brown sugar

Directions
Cover banana slices in brown sugar
Heat a non-stick skillet
Mix all the dry ingredients
Fold in the wet ingredients and mix until smooth
When the skillet is hot add the pancake mixture in big spoonfuls
When the mixture starts to bubble in the middle, flip
Once the pancakes are cooked, add some vegan butter to the skillet and cook bananas for 30 seconds to a minute on each side

No comments:

Post a Comment